Thank you for choosing THINKPainting to do your painting. This certifies that the above address has been painted by THINKPainting and is under a 5-year warranty.
In the unlikely event that you have problems with the painting we did, you can call ThinkPainting to have the problems corrected, using the same paint as initially applied.
For this warranty to be effective, you must:
Pay the contract in full upon completion.
Retain a copy of the original contract.
Perform any covered repairs at no labor cost to you, the original purchaser.
Perform any covered repairs to surface preparation as described in original contract.
Perform any covered repairs only on specific areas where peeling and/or blistering has occurred. An exact color match cannot be assured, as there is the likelihood that the original paint will have faded.
What you should do to have repairs performed:
Contact Nick Dunse/Owner THINKPainting by phone at 508-740-700 or email—email@example.com
THINKPainting will arrange for an inspection of your property and notify you promptly of the nature and extent (if any) of the covered repairs and will plan for performing the repairs.
The Warranty does NOT cover:
The cost of paint required to perform the covered repairs.
Any work where you provided the paint that was used.
Any area where you or a non-employee of THINK Painting has attempted to do surface preparation.
Any peeling or blistering that THINK Painting determines is the result of an interior moisture problem. Properly applied paint will blister and peel, usually to bare wood, in areas where there is a large amount of interior moisture that is inadequately ventilated. For this reason, this Warranty does not include the exterior siding, window frames, etc. adjacent to your kitchens and bathrooms.
Any peeling or blistering that THINK Painting determines is the result of an exterior moisture problem. Properly applied paint will blister and peel. Usually to bare wood, in areas where there is persistent exterior moisture. This includes, but is not limited to, leaking roofs, gutters filled with leaves and debris, dirt and debris within six inches of the bottom siding.
- Any peeling or blistering or cracking that THINKPainting determines is the result of buildup of excessive layers of paint. A painted surface can hold so many layers of paint before the weight of the newer layers begin pulling the older layers away from the original substrate (wood, masonry, metal, etc.). At what point this happens is impossible to predict, though its likelihood increases with each successive layer of paint.
- Any fine cracking of older layers of paint. This is common on older homes with previous layers of paint. Eventually these cracks will show through the newly applied topcoat.
- Any failure due to a manufacturing defect in substrate. Siding material made from composite wood products may result in paint adhesion problems.
- Varnished surfaces or surfaces made of, or containing, galvanized metal.
- Conditions that are the result of a failure in the paint itself. Including but not limited to, fading, chalking, flashing, and lapping.
- The appearance of mildew, mold, or any other environmental conditions.
- The appearance of cracks due to earthquakes or ground movement.
- Bleeding knotholes, rust stains and/ or cedar bleed. Cedar bleed is the result of naturally occurring tannins in the wood and is unrelated to paint application.
- Any horizontal surface or any surface that is the result of a structural design that permits moisture to collect. This includes, but is not limited to decks, railings, stairs, porches, roofs and gutters.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE ONLY EXPRESS WARRANTY MADE BY DAVE’S PAINTING AND IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. THIS WARRANTY IS APPLICABLE TO PAINTING SERVICES PROVIDED TO THE ORIGINAL ADDRESS.
THINK Painting Authorized Signature Date
THINK Painting: (508) 740-7001